What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position reports to the Maintenance Team in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ tonne per day Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft pulp mill. It currently operates with approximately 320 mill employees in a high performance, results-oriented environment.
The Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for providing the necessary repair and preventative maintenance on mills transport and heavy equipment.
- Participate in the safety, health, and environmental activities in accordance with standards established by the Grande Prairie Mill.
- Participate in a team environment while maintaining a high level of precision on a variety of equipment in all areas of the mill.
Perform Preventative Maintenance…
- Perform Preventative maintenance work, complete work orders and PM routes as required by area of responsibility.
- Ability to develop a preventative maintenance mindset vs a reactionary
- Actively participate in the RCFA process for the mill.
- Perform surveys of failure causes related to lubrication on equipment using technical knowledge and equipment history to identify solutions to eliminate problems;
Work Systems Improvements…
- Contribute to the improvement and maintenance of technical standards, work instructions, and procedures, identifying and implementing changes as necessary.
- Quality Orientation and Standards Compliance
- Time Management – Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Team Work
Required qualifications include…
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and on-call
- 5 years’ experience on Transport and Heavy Duty equipment
- Experience in reading manufactures maintenance manuals
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues with bearings, gearboxes, hydraulic systems, engine and transmissions, etc.
- Experience using a computer for troubleshooting, record keeping and documentation
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
Preferred qualifications include…
- Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic or third-year apprentice
- 5 years’ experience as a fulltime Heavy Duty Mechanic journeyperson technician
- CVIP Certification/Experience