What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success.
We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
The Stores Supervisor supports mill operations and maintenance through supervision of stores inventory services and receipt and issuance of purchased materials/equipment. The position is also responsible for supporting the purchasing department by purchasing materials, parts, supplies, services, and equipment following established purchasing policies. This position will report to the Purchasing Manager, be located at the Grande Prairie, AB Mill, and have management responsibilities for 5 hourly storeroom technicians. Position level will depend upon experience and education of the successful candidate.
- Promote a safe work environment, proactively contribute to the mill and the department’s safety program and responsible for storeroom safety.
- Supervise and lead an organization that receives, stores & issues inventoried items and direct buy items & equipment.
- Develop direct reports to provide maximum customer service/support.
- Purchase materials and services from suppliers at the lowest cost with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need.
- Responsible for maintaining stored items condition and count to support operations & maintenance.
- Identify and implement initiatives for optimizing storeroom inventory value (~$9 Million).
- Adhere to Global Sourcing and Internal Controls policies.
- Adhere to Global Sourcing Safety Leadership requirements for salary and hourly stores employees.
- Adhere to Global Manufacturing Systems (GMS) Cost and Reliability requirements.
- Work with mill Maintenance Learning Leader on creation and implementation of Stores training modules
- Adhere to mill Global Manufacturing Training Initiative (GMTI) requirements for Stores
- Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operating, Engineering, and Maintenance areas.
- Promptly handle requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials.
- Ensure purchased goods and services are of acceptable quality and meet established specifications and requirements.
- Manages Reclamation of Scrap & Surplus Items & Materials.
- Manages stores equipment/item Repair Program, Consignment Program, and Vendor Managed Inventory Program all as parts of optimizing dollars expended in Stores Inventory Value.
- Identify potential suppliers and issue requests for quotes.
- Implement storeroom management best practices.
- Participates in the Weekend Duty rotation with Purchasing Department.
- Implementation of Global Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management process at the unit level.
- Support mill’s 5S initiatives.
- Balancing mill needs of Store’s inventory with an economically justified Stores Inventory
- Supporting overall mill maintenance efficiency
- Developing and maintaining a well-cross-trained workgroup
- Supports Global Sourcing initiatives
Working Conditions/Personal Demands:
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment
- May be required to work extended hours
- Must be available for after hours/weekend duty, as needed to support 24-7 operation
- Participates in the Weekend Duty rotation with Purchasing Department
- Normal Working Hours 8 AM – 4:30 PM Monday-Friday
Key Competencies Required:
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Integrity & Trust
- Problem Solving
- Motivating Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Headcount Responsibility: 5-6 employees
- Stores Inventory Value: $8-9 Million
Knowledge And Experience:
- Supervisory/Management Experience preferred
- 5 Years in Stores/Receiving or Warehousing preferred
- Procurement Experience preferred
- Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient in Computer Use
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Software
- SAP Material Management experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience