The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for managing the demand creation and sales of Trus Joist engineered lumber products in single-family residential and high density or multi-family housing market segment. Geographical area includes Western Canada Prairie region. This role reports to the Western Canada Region Manager.
- Represent and role model the company’s values in safety, ethics, and professionalism
- Drive sales and profit by creating primary demand for our products by working with builders, dealers, the design community and building officials.
- Develop and implement an overall territory game plan that maximizes the opportunity for success
- Develops and delivers the customer-specific Trus Joist value proposition solutions and software solutions that quantifiably demonstrate improved returns for the builder.
- Focused on selling solutions to generate profit. Ability to demonstrate value to the builder’s bottom line in order to capture profit throughout the channel.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers, architects, specifiers, etc.
- Develop relationships at the appropriate customer levels to grow the business and to ensure that the customer plays an active role in determining how they want to be serviced.
- Provide product and solution knowledge training/education to our builders, design community and building officials in alignment with the Trus Joist training program.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years work experience in sales, engineering or other industry related field
- Proven Safety Leadership
- Able to lead, influence and motivate others
- Proven ability to drive results to meet sales/profitability targets
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled in business acumen, financial competency, and negotiation
- Creativity “able to think outside of the box”
- Strong time management skills.
- Effective presenter, proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about residential design, builder economics, construction practice
- Strong technical, construction and design consultative selling ability
- Understands and can persuasively explain residential construction, technical and design concepts in terms of value-creation to the Builder.
- Aggressive and persistent in achieving goals
- Ability to sell a broad portfolio of products
- Knowledgeable of Engineered Lumber Products
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.