West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Blue Ridge Lumber division has an opportunity for a highly motivated:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor and Sawmill Maintenance Superintendent, you will be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, predictive, and preventive maintenance strategies.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment in the sawmill
- Verify and document repairs
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, control Logix
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting for various pieces of equipment
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as an electrician
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid journeyman certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Weekend and/or shift work would be required
- Valid driver’s license
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or an industrial environment
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Blue Ridge is located near the growing, family-friendly community of Whitecourt, Alberta, and is a short one and half hour drive from Edmonton. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and Blue Ridge areas.
If this position sounds like the career for you, visit www.westfraser.com/jobs and click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.