Logging Team Members Needed Full Time from June to approximately the end of March 2020 (dependent on weather and ground conditions).
Presently Have Openings For:
- One Road Building Operator with Dozer and Excavator Experience
- One Buncher Operator
- One Skidder Operator
Opportunity for a long term, seasonal employment. We cut approximately 300,000m3 annually between June and March. Paid drive and travel time. Overtime after 10 hours per day and after 40 hours in a week. Industry leading wages and competitive benefits package included.
Grande Prairie, Alberta. Town-based operation. Blocks are generally within 1-1.5 hour of Weyerhaeuser’s Grande Prairie. Home each night. All work located on Weyerhaeuser’s FMA.
- Applicants should have multiple years of equipment experience for the position they are applying.
- Being proficient on multiple pieces of equipment would be considered an asset.
- Being able to work safely while protecting the environment is a condition of employment.
- Willingness to work shift work. Which may include some weekends and night shifts.
- Ability to assist in repairs and maintenance of equipment. We have a full-time mechanic and service truck.
- Willingness to work long days. 10 hours/day + travel (12-hours Max/day).
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions for extended periods.
- Ability to handle the physical demands required of the job.
- Have strong interpersonal, organizational, observation skills and high work standards.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a Valid driver’s license.
- Passing a criminal background check will be required prior to starting.
- Passing a substance impairment test will be required prior to starting.
- Preference will be given to operators local to the Grande Prairie, Alberta. Our operation is a 100% commute based. We do not have a camp or provide accommodations.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits. For more than a century, we’ve been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.