Weyerhaeuser Company in Edson is currently seeking Students to work in Production and in Maintenance.
The Production Students will report to the Production Team Leader and their general duties will include performing cleanup and providing support throughout the mill as well as assisting in the finishing and packaging area. This is a 4 on/off, 12-hour rotating shift position.
The Maintenance Students will report to the Maintenance Team Leader and their general duties will include maintenance of the outside and inside of the mill along with other assigned tasks. This is a 10-hour shift (Monday to Thursday) position.
The hourly rate for these positions is $23.59 per hour.
These positions will start April 29, 2019, and potentially go through August 30, 2019. They may be extended based on mutual need and availability.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older and have successfully completed Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- The ability to follow safe work practices and procedures
- Must be able and willing to work the following work schedules, 4 on/off 12 hour days and 10-hour shifts Monday -Thursday
- You must be enrolled in post-secondary education from September 2019 through April 2020 and be available for the entire contract. (Evidence of enrollment in a post-secondary program must be provided).
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.