FOOTHILLS FOREST PRODUCTS INC.
is a manufacturer of softwood lumber and wood pellets
in Grande Cache, Alberta. We are presently recruiting for a:
Energy Plant / Emergency Services Coordinator
Foothills Forest Products operates a dual-cell 40 MMBTU wood-fired boiler to heat its dry kilns and operating facilities. In addition to directing the operation of this energy plant, the successful candidate will provide leadership in several services including emergency response, fire system maintenance and mobile equipment operations involving a team of 10 or more direct reports.
Key qualifications for this position include:
- Must possess a valid ABSA 3rd Class Power Engineer Certificate;
- Technical knowledge related to wood-fired energy plants;
- Technical knowledge related to the operation and maintenance of fire water delivery and suppression systems;
- Excellent physical fitness and ability to lead emergency response;
- First Aid ticket and willingness to be a first-responder;
- Experience in kiln drying of softwood lumber;
- Ability to operate mobile equipment (bucket loader, forklift);
- Superior communications and supervision skills to effectively lead a team providing 24/7/365 operations;
- At all times leading by example and through training and coaching of others to achieve an accident-free workplace.
Located near the beautiful mountain town of Grande Cache, Alberta, a community that combines an outdoor lover’s paradise with all the desired recreational, health care and retail amenities, we offer:
- A competitive wage and benefits package;
- Temporary accommodations to assist with relocation;
- Steady, full-time employment with the opportunity to be home every night;
If you want to build your career with an enthusiastic and committed team, and to live in a beautiful, friendly community, please send your covering letter and Resume by email to email@example.com by January 31, 2019.
Foothills Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.