West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the exciting position of:
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the safe, environmental, and efficient operations of the mill.
- Supervision of shift personnel to ensure the optimum operation of the Fibreline and Machine Room.
- Training and development of the Fibreline and Machine Room crews utilizing the Mill’s competency-based training system to ensure proper performance.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with crew members, as well as other departmental management and staff.
- Actively pursuing methods for the ongoing improvement of mill operations.
The successful candidate must:
- Preferably have direct operational experience in a kraft pulp mill – similar experience will be considered.
- Relevant education experience would be considered an asset, including a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Have supervisory experience in an industrial setting and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Be highly organized with analytical and computer skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess a desire to progress, learn and succeed.
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.