It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
Woodyard Woodroom Operator
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position reports to the Wood Processing Team in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ tonne per day Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft pulp mill. It currently operates with approximately 320 mill employees in a high performance, results-oriented environment.
This role is responsible for operating the Woodroom process as well as the Portal Yard Crane and log loaders in the Woodyard
- Participate in the safety, health, and environmental activities in accordance with standards established by the Grande Prairie Mill.
Operate mobile and process equipment
- Complete daily mobile equipment inspection reports
- Operate the Portal Yard Crane and log loaders unloading trucks and supplying the Woodroom
- Clean and wash equipment as well as housekeeping duties
- Operate the Woodroom process equipment and complete process tours
- Take process samples for lab analysis
- Shut down, startup process equipment and complete equipment isolations
- Issue permits: Safe Work; Confined Space; and Hot Work
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Other duties as assigned
Work Systems Improvements
- Contribute to the improvement and maintenance of technical standards, work instructions, and procedures, identifying and implementing changes as necessary.
- Quality Orientation and Standards Compliance
- Time Management – Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Team Work
Required qualifications include:
- High school grade 12 diploma or GED
- Willing to work a compressed 12-hour shift (days, nights and weekends)
- Willing and able to work overtime
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- Capability using a computer for record keeping and documentation
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively with good verbal and written English skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehend work instructions and set priorities with the ability to work independently as well as part of the team to safely accomplish objectives
- A proactive approach to troubleshooting/problem identification
- Able to perform physically demanding work
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Mechanical aptitude
Preferred qualifications include:
- Heavy equipment operator training certification