At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
The Opportunity: We are currently seeking motivated and experienced Certified Electricians for Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair, installation, and modification of all sawmill-related equipment, you will apply your skills to maximize uptime, quality, and production. Shift work might be required.
- Meet with internal customers to assess needs, determine business requirements, and document them
- Create technical specifications for delivering business solutions
- Design and develop applications to meet business requirements, using department specified programming tools, processes, and methodologies
- Develop test plans, complete unit, and system level tests, and document results.
- Participate in and guide user testing
- Support, enhance, and maintain existing business applications to assure their availability, reliability, performance, and fit to evolving requirements. Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a Red seal or Interprovincial TQ
- A strong background in PLCs
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset
When applying for this role, please attach a photo or scanned copy of your Red Seal or Interprovincial TQ.
The Incentive: Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us: At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
Canfor Values: At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and are committed to the professional development of our employees.