Given the opportunity and responsibilities to make a difference, would you? Is it time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities? If so this is your opportunity to be part of International Paper (IP), a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology is seeking Alberta In-Service Inspectors to become team members of the Grande Prairie, Alberta Pulpmill Pressure Equipment Integrity Management System Team.
The Grande Prairie Pulpmill is part of International Paper’s Global Cellulose Fibers business and produces a 1000+ tonne/day of northern bleached softwood Kraft Pulp. There are approximately 320 mill employees employed at this location located approximately 15 minutes south of Grande Prairie city center.
The Position – Senior Pressure Equipment Inspector (Alberta In-Service Inspector)
The Senior Inspector position reports to the Chief Inspector and will be required to work closely with other In-Service Inspectors (ISI), Operations, Maintenance Planners, and Maintenance Coordinators at the Grande Prairie Pulpmill location. The position is a Monday to Friday day shift, salaried position that provides a great work/life balance, allowing a steady routine and predictable work schedule with flexibility, however, occasional call-ins and overtime maybe be required due to projects and maintenance outages. Rewards package includes a competitive pension and benefits plan.
The Pressure Equipment Integrity Management System Team members support the inspection process by developing inspections plans, organizing and executing inspections, reviewing and accepting third-party inspection reports, to ensure all pressure equipment is installed, inspected and maintained to company standards and complies with federal and provincial codes and regulations.
- Participate in Environmental, Health and Safety activities in accordance established standards
- Prepare inspection plans for various Pressure Equipment (vessels, tanks, and piping systems)
- Organizing and Manage, Visual and NDE contractors executing Inspections
- Welding QC/QA functions to support New Construction, Repairs, Alterations
- Prepare and maintain inspection records pertaining to; in-service inspections, new construction, and repairs of pressure equipment and tanks.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Safety oriented
- Integrity and Trustworthy
- Organizational skills
- Self-Motived and Priority setting
- Comfortable working with all levels of management
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge of ABSA, ASME, API, CSA Codes and Standards
The ideal candidate would currently be certified as an Alberta In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector (ISI-BPVPP) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with inspections, repairs, and alterations of Pressure Piping, Pressure Vessels and Boilers, however other candidates a combination of the below-listed certifications and skills would be considered for a position.
- ABSA ISI-PVPP
- API 510, 570, or 653
- CWB Certified Welding Inspector (2 or 3 preferred)
- National Board Pressure Equipment Inspector (PEI)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
- International Paper Grande Prairie Pulp Mill has achieved world-class safety results
- Schedule flexibility is available
- Located 10 km south of Grande Prairie; about a 15-minute commute
- High participation, modern work system