Effectively work with the filing team to perform/coordinate the safe maintenance, fitting, repairing, hammering and adjusting of all types of circular saws and knives.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Performing work in the filing shop, as well as changing various saws and chipping heads, and providing technical assistance at machine centers.
- Inspect all types of circular saws which means to bench, inspect saws for plumb, level, and proper tension.
- Correct saw plate defects by hammering the saws and maintaining tooth geometry of circular saws with sharpening.
- Responsible for canter knife replacement and ensure proper clearances are kept within machine centers throughout the facility.
- Responsible for sharpening knives.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of all saw filing equipment.
- While having the highest commitment to safety, maximize equipment uptime.
- Measure product sizes to ensure accuracy and monitor throughout cut and make necessary adjustments.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any mechanical/electrical problems.
- Certified Journeyman Saw Filer
- High School Diploma
- Experience benching round saws is a must.
- Knowledge of different types of machine center alignment and the ability to service all aspects of saw maintenance for carbide saws is an asset.
- Experience and a strong understanding of process reliability and maintaining shop standards.
- Experience with Inspecting and maintaining precision equipment for proper calibration.
- Understanding internal filing shop quality control.
- Should possess knowledge of saw engineering and saw feeds and speeds.
- Eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Ability to perform essential job functions of the position, which may include climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting 50lbs, bending and performing repetitive movement tasks.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.