Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking a full-time, salaried Team Lead Supervisor to join our Extended Leadership Team at our Drayton Valley, AB Sawmill. This is a full time, exempt role, reporting to our Greenside Manager. We are seeking an individual who is committed to safety & has a desire to inspire success in their team through caring leadership.
- As an innovative, self-motivated leader, this person will lead our safety standards and role model our core values and key behaviors, contributing to a positive work environment and a truly great company
- With high regard for working safely, this individual is accountable for our log yard logistics, ensuring production quality, log accountability, inventory management in our cut to length sawlog operations and strategic execution of capital projects to support continuous improvements within the log yard
- Creating and maintaining healthy, effective relationships with various stakeholders, including associates, leadership team members, Timberlands and external agencies including contractors, this individual will demonstrate integrity through all interactions
- Developing your team to achieve operational excellence through mastering reliability, cost, and quality. Provide coaching, guidance, and feedback, while planning and coordinating daily activities for your team.
- Strong knowledge of industrial safety procedures and demonstrated commitment to safety
- Previous log scaling and industry experience an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years’ supervisory experience in a unionized environment preferred
- Willingness to develop new skills to excel and adapt in an ever-changing environment, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong ability to work positively within a team setting and cross-collaborations
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft office, time and labor, and other computer programs
- Excellent financial and planning skills
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a diverse team
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willingness to work extended hours, off-shifts and weekends when conditions warrant
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or related field preferred
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.