We have an exciting 4 or 8 month co-op employment opportunity at the Hinton Pulp mill for an Engineering Student starting in September 2019.
RISK-BASED INSPECTION ENGINEER CO-OP
This opportunity will revolve around the preparatory work required for the implementation of a Risk Based Inspection program at the Hinton Pulp site. The candidate will have an opportunity to learn about pressure equipment, tanks, and piping in an industrial facility.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Preparing digital packages for assets to be included in the Risk-Based Inspection program that contains all required information for assessments to be completed. Where information is missing, work with the area engineer to find the information and complete the package
- Prepare documents linking operational and process data to the assets included in the Risk-Based Inspection program
- Other Risk Based Inspection project tasks as required
Qualifications & experience:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary engineering program (preferably Mechanical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering, but all open to all disciplines) with good grades
- Available for four or eight months beginning in September
- Interest in learning about a Risk Based Inspection process
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and self-motivated. Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to develop trusting work relationships quickly and effectively
- Solid troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Comfortable learning new software platforms
- Safety first attitude
- Experience in an industrial facility would be considered an asset
You will gain skills including:
- Health & safety awareness
- Knowledge of mill operations
- Usage of business systems
- Organization and prioritization
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Verbal communication and technical writing
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.