Carson Integrated is a well-respected consulting firm of natural resource management professionals that provides environmental, forestry, and GIS consulting services to clients in the Electrical Utility, Upstream Oil & Gas, Pipeline, Sand & Gravel, and Forest industries throughout Alberta. Our diverse client base provides distinct opportunities, exceptional challenges, and a work environment rich in variety. Carson Integrated provides flexible working arrangements, combined with an above average compensation and benefits package. Additional information can be obtained on our website at www.carsonintegrated.com
We are currently looking for a Planning Forester to join our growing team. This position will be based out of our downtown Edmonton office, with some travel to client work sites throughout Alberta required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development of timber harvest and access planning
- PSP/TSP program coordination
- Supervision of forestry crews across multiple forestry-related projects
- Ensuring that personal and crew safety is a priority
- Liaison with clients, government, First Nations, Trappers, oil and gas operators, and other stakeholders
- Managing field data
- Quality assurance/quality control
Experience and skill set requirements:
- A college diploma or university degree in Forestry
- RPF or RPFT designation
- 3+ years of forestry planning experience (preferably in Alberta)
- Demonstrated competency and leadership capacity in health and safety
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- GIS skills with experience using ESRI ArcGIS products
- Superior working knowledge of forestry policy, regulations, and legislation in Alberta
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Solid communication skills
Carson Integrated is committed to developing our people by providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding performance that exceeds expectations. We provide our employees with a progressive work environment, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business coupled with the opportunity for success. At Carson Integrated, our people are part of a larger team of diverse professionals committed to excellence.
To join our team, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their application; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted