Carson Integrated is a well-respected consulting firm of natural resource management professionals that provides environmental, forestry, and GIS consulting services to clients in the Electrical Utility, Upstream Oil & Gas, Pipeline, Sand & Gravel, and Forest industries throughout Alberta. Our diverse client base provides distinct opportunities, exceptional challenges, and a work environment rich in variety. Carson Integrated provides flexible working arrangements, combined with an above average compensation package. Additional information can be obtained on our website at www.carsonintegrated.com
We are currently looking for a Silviculture Supervisor to join our team for a 4-month contract. This position will be primarily field based in northern Alberta.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and safety leadership/supervision of summer students
- Scheduling shifts for summer students
- Managing camp logistics
- Daily and emergency contact for all field personnel
- Completing safety documentation (FLHA’s, ERP’s, near miss reporting, incident reporting, etc.)
- Transportation to and from field locations using ATVs
- Safely slinging, with the assistance of helicopters, items to and from the job site
- Digital collection of field data
- Construction of creek crossings
- Organization and management of field data
- Quality checks of tree planting activities
- Quality assurance and quality control of field data
- Basic maintenance of ATVs and field electronics
Experience and skill set requirements:
- A college diploma or university degree in Forestry
- RPF or RPFT designation an asset
- 3 years of experience working on silviculture operations
- 1 to 2 years of experience supervising junior employees
- Capable of completing long days of work for extended periods in all weather conditions
- Standard First Aid Level C with AED
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Demonstrated competency and leadership capacity in health and safety
- GIS skills with experience using ESRI ArcGIS products
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Solid communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of forestry policies, regulations, and legislation in Alberta
Carson Integrated is committed to developing our people by providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding performance that exceeds expectations. We provide our employees with a progressive work environment, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business coupled with the opportunity for success. At Carson Integrated, our people are part of a larger team of diverse professionals committed to excellence.
To join our team, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their application; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.