Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of 2nd Year Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic
This is a full-time 2-year contract position, working Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our Boyle mill site location.
- Work with and under the direction of Mobile Shop and Forklift/Vehicle Mechanics, performing routine maintenance work while making any recommendations for improvements.
- Service, inspect, troubleshoot, detect/diagnose faults and make repairs to maintain mobile equipment.
- Work in a safe manner, following all Al-Pac’s safety requirements, complete mandatory safety folders, ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy of debris.
- Maintaining accurate documentation on Work Orders, Equipment Records and Parts required.
- Registered as a Heavy Equipment Technician or Heavy Equipment Technician – Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off Road) within the province of Alberta.
- Preference will be given to those that have progressed to the 2nd year of their apprenticeship.
- Safety conscious, highly motivated pro-active self-starter who works well in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team skills
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.