At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t only the trees and manufacturing sites we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in manufacturing and distribution of wood products, and in timberlands management in the world.
This position is a part of the Grande Prairie Lumber Mill Leadership Team and the Wood Products Canadian Human Resources Team. As a strategic business partner, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the human resources systems at the Grande Prairie manufacturing facility. This position focuses on meeting business performance objectives through effective HR planning, development, coaching, and problem-solving.
Location: The lumber mill site is located 12 km South of the city of Grande Prairie. Grande Prairie boasts a population of over 65,000 in the city proper and 90,000 in the city and county. It is 460 km North West of Edmonton and connected by a 4-lane highway. The air traveler is served by the Regional Airport which is serviced by both West Jet and Air Canada. Grande Prairie is the regional center for Northwestern Alberta and Northeastern British Columbia servicing a population of over 300,000 people. Grande Prairie is a young and active city with opportunities to experience a mix of urban, rural and wilderness recreations.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team promoting the safety and well-being of all associates in the manufacturing facility.
- Managing labour and employee relations issues to improve sustainability and culture of the organization
- Recruitment, selection, orientation, and on-boarding of new Associates
- HR Planning
- Work systems & organizational effectiveness
- Performance management processes
- Site training and team development
- HR information systems management
- Disability management
- Compliance activities and related systems
- Business-wide HR initiatives and continuous improvement projects
- Annual salary planning and performance review processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience and solid experience providing counsel to leaders and employees on an issue and grievance resolution and in employee and labour relations
- Strong knowledge of Alberta labour and employment law.
- Manufacturing HR experience in a non-union environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build positive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills including project and time management
- Strong levels of personal and professional integrity
- Champion and role model of ethical business conduct.
- Able to build trust and maintain confidentiality as a key confidante of employees and management.
- Team builder and works with leadership to create a culture of engaged employees
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient in MS Office (Excel., Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data and metrics to identify and address HR issues and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Professional HR certification is a plus
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.