Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Operations/Roads Coordinator
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., at times requiring extended working hours or days. The position is located at our mill site, with travel required within our Forest Management Agreement Area (FMA). The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, a company paid dental and extended health benefits and many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
- Responsible for the delivery of quality of logs to the mill.
- Coordinate logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, reclamation activities, and associated contract management.
- Assist in managing/planning the Capital road construction and Capital road maintenance infrastructure upgrades.
- Liaise with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry (AAF) to obtain plan approvals and meet legislative requirements.
- Work with local stakeholders and First Nations to obtain economic opportunities.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and promote local aboriginal initiatives.
- Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community, and environmental objectives.
- Prepare and report variance to budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Foster and support an environment of continuous improvement and new approaches to forest management.
- BSc FE or P. Eng. preferred; BSc or Diploma in Forestry from a recognized forestry school will be considered.
- Must be eligible to register for a professional designation in Alberta.
- 10 years of experience in forestry road construction and supervision experience (planning, supervision, cost tracking, and maintenance scheduling of capital roads).
- Forest Engineering or Civil Engineering experience in the Resource Industry Sector will be considered.
- A strong background in forest operations (planning, harvest, haul, road construction, reclamation, and silviculture) is an asset.
- GIS mapping and road engineering experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with provincial and federal legislation pertaining to water acts, dispositions, etc. is an asset.
- Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and project management skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.