West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward– Excellence in performance and people, leadership in our field, responsibility in communities in which we work, profitability, and growth as an organization.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, the Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer will be a key player in overall plant asset management and reliability supporting the safe production of pulp.
Specific responsibilities include:
- E&I Engineering for capital and maintenance projects
- Contribute to Asset life cycle planning and continual maintenance
- Maintain plant standards for E&I Assets
- All aspects of E&I change management work order and project execution, planning, design, scoping, construction supervision, commissioning, and project completion
- E&I Design and drafting in AutoCAD is required
- Strong knowledge of PLC/DCS programming is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Electrical Technologist Diploma OR Electrical Engineering Degree
- Electrical and Instrumentation low voltage controls experience
- Experience in an industrial environment with VFDs, PLCs, MCCs, DCS
- Experience with various electrical systems (600V-13.8kV)
- 7-20 years experience in an operating plant environment – Pulp Mill experience preferred
- Demonstrated successful execution of E&I Projects including design, specification, contracting, install, commissioning, and operations/maintenance turnover
In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.