Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Ecologist.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at our mill site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, a company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
- Play an integral role within the Environmental Sciences team with a commitment to continual Leadership and professional development.
- Represent Alberta-Pacific and its Woodlands division on a local, provincial, and national level.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Ministers, senior industry representatives, community and other external stakeholders).
- Engage in and communicate in large public provincial and national forums.
- Act as a resource for balancing business and environmental parameters for short-term and long-term business planning, both in environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Manage complex and conflicting business situations as required.
- Identify and develop business alternatives, optimizations, and recommendations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and meet extensive travel commitment demands.
- Graduate degree in Biological Sciences/Ecology/Forestry/Environmental Science; PhD preferred.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in Natural Resources management.
- Operational knowledge and experience in the Forestry sector is preferred.
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and experience in working with FSC and other certification systems.
- Subject matter expert in forestry conservation.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and networking for regulatory development, including government and aboriginal relations.
- Strong political acumen.
- Strong scientific and analytical skills; experience with cumulative efforts or forestry modeling software is advantageous.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.