West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the exciting position of:
MAINTENANCE & RELIABILITY MANAGER
This position is an advanced level position responsible for day to day activities of directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of the Maintenance Department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improve workplace safety through policy promotion and adherence, housekeeping efforts, overseeing employee training, and monitoring leading indicators
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and operational to company standards
- Ensure maintenance support is available as needed
- Work with operations to improve reliability and maximize equipment availability at the lowest cost to the mill
- Ensure staff members and their departments adhere to and promote West Fraser values, culture, and operating philosophy
- Ensure performance management is done consistently within our company process
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An Engineering Degree or journeymen trades ticket
- Exceptional leadership and facilitator skills
- Previous maintenance supervisory experience in a related industry
- An understanding of budgeting and forecasting
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Organizational, analytical and computer skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- A desire to progress, learn and succeed
- The West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.