Weyerhaeuser Company Limited is seeking to fill full-time positions in our sawmill, planer mill and log yard, in operations and clean-up. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude and good work ethic. The open positions currently follow various shift schedules.
- Tuesday to Friday or Monday to Thursday days, Monday to Thursday nights, rotating 2 weeks of days and 2 weeks of nights, all 10.5-hours, with some scheduled overtime.
- OR Fri/Sat/Sun nights 12 hours, 6 pm to 6 am.
- Weekday shift 4 am to 2:30 pm; Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat. OR
- Weekend shift 6 am to 6 pm; Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon
- Operations of machine centers
- Clean Up Duties
- Machine centre preventative maintenance
- Lockout as required
- Flexibility to meet changing needs of the business.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older and have a High School diploma or GED
- Eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Willingness to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Successful completion of a pre-employment testing process
- Able to perform basic math and use computers
- Experience in a self-directed team environment is a plus
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program.
- Behavior is consistent with the Safety Vision, Policy and Site Principles.
- Able to perform all duties and tasks of the role.
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operations
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly
- Ability to perform essential job functions of the position, which may include climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting 50lbs, bending and performing repetitive movement tasks.
- Cover letter detailing interest in Weyerhaeuser and commitment to safety, along with a resume is required.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.