West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with a strong technical, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the position of:
PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
Reporting to the Process Engineering Superintendent, the Process Control Engineer is a key player in the Process Engineering Department and will assist with the development, implementation, and troubleshooting of process control at Hinton Pulp.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with E/I and Process Engineering optimize the performance of our control systems to minimize process variation and meet specifications.
- Write, modify and troubleshoot process control programs to optimize mill controls.
- Work closely with process engineering and production personnel in planning, designing, and developing new process control applications and improvements
- Support HMI, operator interface and process alarm management programs
- Short/long term project planning
- Management of change and writing functional specifications for process control systems
The successful candidate must have:
- Process Control Engineer/Electrical Engineer degree OR Process Control Technician certification or equivalent
- Strong programming skills and experience with Emerson Delta V
- Previous process control experience in pulp and paper or other manufacturing industries is an asset
- Process control design, implementation and commissioning for maintenance, capital and process improvement projects
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Be highly organized with analytical and computer skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a desire to progress, learn and succeed.
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.