Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Pulp team is seeking an individual with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills for the opportunity of:
PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
This is a unique opportunity for a Chemical Engineering graduate to grow their career working in several pulp mill operations. The successful candidate must be mobile and willing to work and live in the communities we have our pulp operations: Hinton, AB and Slave Lake, AB.
This position will provide engineering support in implementing our high-performance human machine interface (HMI) and alarm rationalization project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in implementing HMI and Alarm Rationalization in West Fraser’s four pulp divisions
- Related short/long term project planning
- Evaluating and troubleshooting the pulping process
The successful candidate must have:
- A Chemical Engineering degree from an accredited institution; other disciplines may be considered
- Previous experience in pulp and paper or other manufacturing industries is considered an asset
- Experience with high-performance HMI and alarm rationalization would be an asset
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and project management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a desire to progress, learn and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, we also offer an attractive relocation package.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.