Millar Western’s Whitecourt Wood Products Division is seeking a highly skilled and motivated professional to serve as Fiber Flow Superintendent. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the areas of log yard operations, woodroom production and maintenance, chip flows and quality, and plant protection. This individual will also be responsible for working with external and internal customers to meet by-product flow objectives. Responsibilities will include:
- Promoting safe work practices
- Identifying existing and potential production bottlenecks and taking appropriate action
- Recommending improvements to management systems, standards and procedures
- Assessing training needs of direct reports
- Reviewing equipment condition and co-ordinating corrections and repairs with operational groups
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of supervisory experience in a wood products organization with specific emphasis on yard and chip operations, in addition to mechanical maintenance supervisory/planning, analytical and problem solving experience. Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage changing deadlines are essential to this position. Familiarity with SAP will be considered an asset.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned, Alberta-based company that has been active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber and pulp mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable management, the company provides stable, full-time employment to more than 600 people at operations located in lively, friendly, communities that offer excellent quality of life.
The company offers:
- a competitive wage and benefits program that includes a pension plan, comprehensive dental and health insurance and a profit-sharing plan
- a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
- a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
- a chance to live where you work – no commuting or camps
Your career starts here.
Application deadline: May 3, 2019
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Millar Western is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance; only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.