Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
Canfor is currently looking for a strong leader with proven forestry experience to join our team as a Forestry – Planning Supervisor.
In this permanent role, the Forestry – Planning Supervisor will be a member of Canfor’s Woodlands Planning Team. They will also be instrumental in planning field and office activities, while managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Safely conduct field and office activities related to forest Planning, including block design and reconnaissance
- Assist in the management of Canfor’s Sustainable Forest Management Plan, Forest Stewardship Plan and certification programs
- Ensure compliance with operational plans, legal requirements and company policy
- Work and form positive relationships with internal customers, team members, First Nations, Government Agencies, the public and other stakeholders
- Conduct activities consistent with the Canfor Operating System
- Prepare budgets and manage costs within your specific responsibilities
- University Degree or Technical Diploma with a minimum of 5 years forestry experience
- Excellent leadership, communication & project management skills, with the ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of applicable AB legislation and policies
- Proficient in using a computer & related software and forestry applications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license, applicants are asked to submit a current driver’s abstract with their resume
Preference may be given to those with extensive experience with:
- Varied experience in Forest planning, Cutting Permit acquisition, Harvesting and Silviculture
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Sustainable Forest Management standard, including involvement with Public Advisory Groups
- Fostering positive First Nations relationships
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application no later than 4:00pm PST on May 9th, 2019.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Grande Prairie, AB
Grande Prairie is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and is an exciting place for those who are young, upwardly mobile and in search of an affordable home. The city also offers an array of job aspects and endless cultural and leisure activities. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/grande-prairie