West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser’s High Prairie Forest Products division has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Saw Filing Department. Higher consideration will be granted to those who have previous experience in the wood remanufacturing sector, in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products.
- Maintenance of work place and saw filing safety
- Achieving production targets
- Inspecting, maintaining, and calibrating precision equipment
- Adherence to filing shop quality control standards
- Troubleshooting and examining saws for defects
- Management of saw box water and lubrication
Position requirements include:
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
- Experience benching round saws and band saws (e.g. repairing, tensioning, leveling, tipping, sharpening)
- Knowledge of functionality, maintenance, and alignment associated with a Canter, 6ft Band Rig, Trim Saw, Gang Saws, Edgers, and Chippers.
- Ability to service and supervise all aspects of saw maintenance for stellite and carbide saws
- Understanding of preventative maintenance processes related to saw shop and sawmill machinery
- Technical understanding of the manufacturing and servicing of saws, guides, and chipping knifes
- Understanding of basic MS Office software
- Schedule flexibility – as work may require day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Preference will be given to a Valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Saw Filer certification.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Located in Central Alberta, High Prairie is a three-hour drive from Edmonton. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the High Prairie area.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.