Alberta Newsprint Company operates a world-class manufacturing facility in Whitecourt, Alberta. The success of ANC is a result of dedication to continuous quality improvement by a team of innovative employees. Our company is respected throughout the industry for quality, safety, environmental performance, a mill-wide team approach to achieving excellence and a total commitment to employee well-being. Alberta NewsprintCompany (ANC) has built a reputation in the Forestry industry.
ANC has an immediate opening for an ACCOUNTANT in our Accounting Department.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare financial statements and reports for review. Assist in the preparation of the annual business plan, monthly/quarterly/yearly forecasting, weekly cost report and capital processes.
- Preparation and processing of various month end duties including journal entries, financial statement package, related mandatory reporting, and general ledger reconciliation
- Provide operational and financial analysis for the Woodlands operation
- Prepare logging contractor payments and related reporting
- Produce Land and Road Use Customer Accounts Receivable statements and collection.
- Communicate and correspond with team members on a daily basis
- Other day to day Woodlands accounting functions
- Accounting diploma at the minimum; the designation is desirable
- Minimum 3 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience. — Forestry experience (logging/chips handling etc.) desirable
- Well established organizational and multi-tasking skills; good verbal and written communication abilities
- A detailed and proactive approach to work, A high level of motivation and problem-solving attitude
- A strong computer systems skill set. Must have a working knowledge of LIMS (Lumber InventoryManagement System)
Ensure that financial controls are in place and that company policy is followed. Further duties include a review of contracts, contractor payments, assigning stratums, assigning conversion rates, reviewing accrual assumptions, and special projects. This is a permanent full-time position. An industry competitive benefits package including a pension plan and participation in a bonus plan is provided with the position.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward a resume and references by May 31, 2019.
Alberta Newsprint Company
Postal Bag 9000
Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1P9