The Greenside Manager is a full-time, exempt position reporting directly to the Unit Manager and is responsible for leading improvements in safety, reliability, value extraction and production at our Drayton Valley Sawmill. As an active member of the sawmill’s lead team, this individual provides oversight and support to the Sawmill and Log Yard departments, which includes maintaining a strong relationship with our Timberland’s group and our Dryside team.
Job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the departmental safety processes and education to ensure a safe work environment.
- With a focus on innovation, deliver benchmark results in quality, trim loss, and reliability.
- With an empowering and supportive management style, inspire the organization to achieve excellence.
- Leadership responsibilities include hiring, planning, scheduling and general supervision of work, evaluating job performance, and providing regular feedback and coaching for the development of team supervisors, as well as hourly production associates.
- Responsible for accurate and timely production reporting.
- Set strategic and capital direction, providing valuable contributions to the site’s Road Map
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Five or more years of senior leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mindset.
- Proven commitment to safe work practices.
- Established track record of success in a complex and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Passion and strong ability to lead the team to achieve breakthrough results.
- Ability to positively generate commitment and motivate employees toward a common goal.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other Windows-based programs and internet skills
- Must be able to accept and respond to after hour’s calls, work weekends/holidays as needed.
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts.
- Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals.
- Good understanding of business, financial and labor relations concepts.
- Able and willing to perform the essential job requirements such as working at heights, climbing stairs, working in extreme heat or cold, or working in confined/restricted spaces.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.