Foothills Forest Products is currently seeking the skills of a Heavy-Duty Mechanic. We are a value-added forest products company specializing in dimensional lumber, wood pellets, and other value-added wood products. Our mill is in an optimization phase and looking for the right candidate to join our team.
Located by the beautiful mountain town of Grande Cache, Alberta we offer an outdoor lovers paradise. Camping, fishing hunting, and outdoor motorsports are all right outside your door. Our town also offers most of the facilities you would expect like a newly renovated rec. complex, elementary/high schools, and several quality restaurants.
The incumbent will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of our mobile fleet including forklifts, loaders, log loaders, and support equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years of experience is preferred but will consider 3rd-year apprentices.
- Experience with diagnosing and repairing mechanical, structural, electrical, and hydraulic systems for automotive and heavy-duty equipment.
- Previous forest products experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Work safely at all times and look out for others, while contributing to continually improving the mills’ safety.
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform complete repair and preventative maintenance of all heavy and light duty mobile or stationary equipment.
- Make recommendations regarding equipment repairs, design, and operation based on a solid understanding of maintenance standards, codes, and regulations.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the equipment meets maintenance and safety standards.
- Update maintenance records with accurate and timely information.
- Assist in the development and coordination of maintenance scheduling as required.
- Coordinate maintenance services with third-party contractors and perform audits to ensure that contracted work meets maintenance standards.
- Monitor and identify the effectiveness and reliability of maintenance work performed on mobile equipment.
- Provide on-call support with an understanding that this may require work after hours and on weekends.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent working knowledge of hydraulic systems related to Caterpillar and Sennebogan
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers (both internal and external); this includes excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to anticipate and meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Proficient computer skills – working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. Prior experience with MP2 would also be an asset.
- Good organizational skills in order to effectively manage numerous activities and competing demands within tight deadlines.
- Solid analytical skills in order to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in a methodical and logical manner.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and safety.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal direction or supervision.
A competitive wage and benefits package; Temporary accommodations to assist with relocation; Steady, full-time employment with the opportunity to be home every night.
If you enjoy working in a friendly and dynamic environment, want to build your career with an exciting and committed team, and to live in a community with all the essential amenities as well as endless outdoor opportunities, please send your covering letter and Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.