At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building the business. Weyerhaeuser is committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, where diversity is encouraged and where the community is supported. Weyerhaeuser is one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world.
As we implement the Sawmill 3-5-year capital project, there is a need for a Spark watch/Clean Up team. The goal is to incorporate a strategy that includes being safer, more efficient and cost-effective for the unit, we have an opening for four part-time technicians for the duration of the project.
The expectations of this position include:
- General clean up and spark watch duties; daily cleanup of construction/wood debris accumulation to increase reliability and decrease the risk of fire/explosion hazards.
- General use of applicable hands tools, air wands, brooms, shovels, air chisels, and Sawzall’s, etc. Operation of a Skid Steer Loader and Chainsaws when required.
- Hot Work preparation and Monitoring
- Lockouts as required
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to work Monday through Sunday or12-hour shifts, with flexibility for things like working night shifts and/or some overtime. As well there will fluctuation of hours (days worked) according to project/construction schedule demands.
- Behavior is consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program.
- Able to perform clean up tasks
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly.
- Previous experience in construction or lumber mill is a definite asset.
Applicants are requested to submit the following prior to the closing date:
- A brief resume outlining your past assignments, education, background skills
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role.
- List of reference checks
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.