At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
Canfor is currently seeking Summer Students to join our team from June 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019. We are looking for candidates who are interested in a growth opportunity in a production environment who will train in various areas of the mill site. This position involves manual labour and possible exposure to dust and/or chemicals.
- Ensure safety standards are met by following Canfor safe work and lockout procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in your work area and throughout the mill
- Train and develop skills in various areas of the mill site
- Develop strong working relationships with your peers and production team
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shift work
- Completion of Grade 12/GED or a minimum of 2 years of industrial work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
The wage for a Production Employee is based on a Production New Hire Graduated Program as per the collective agreement.
Grow With Us:
Canfor provides many different training opportunities for employees to advance and grow within our company. Internal training programs such as Canfor College provide various types of courses for employees across our operations.
With numerous success stories throughout our history of employees starting from humble beginnings within Canfor, and through our promote from within culture many of our employees have had the opportunity to become leaders within the organization. Valuing their contributions, these individuals have brought a significant impact on the way we do business today. At Canfor, the potential for advancement and growth is endless.