West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
The successful candidate will work closely with mill personnel, providing direction, support, and training to develop and implement initiatives as we continue to build a robust safety program. A high degree of professionalism and leadership is required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a safety resource to the mill management and workforce.
- Develop and implement safety programs and systems.
- Monitor the safety program and systems and make recommendations for changes.
- Monitor legislative changes to the Act, Regulations, and Code, reporting and making changes as required.
- Supervise the Safety Administrator and provide leadership to First Aid/Security department.
- Develop and provide a recommendation for short and long-term safety management objectives.
- Support the WCB claims management process.
- Be a liaison between government OH&S officers and other government agencies.
- Be the prime contact during inspections including external and internal safety audits.
- Provide leadership in the management of incident investigations, reporting, and tracking.
- Be proactive, maintain a positive presence. Must be well-organized, able to multi-task and have a strong work ethic.
- Health and Safety Certificate or post-secondary degree in Occupational Health & Safety Management.
- Work experience in an industrial environment would be an asset.
- Auditor training and incident investigation training would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well established organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer software and applications.
- A desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.