Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We currently have opportunities on our team as:
PROCESS/QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR (Sawmill/Planer)
PANELS/LABORATORY QUALITY ANALYST (Plywood/MDF)
At West Fraser, we’re committed to environmental excellence and workplace safety and focused on sustaining operating leadership through continued investments. Most of all, we count on our employees’ ideas, energy and enthusiasm to create success which supports our history of promoting from within. West Fraser prides itself as being a low-cost operator and running highly optimized automated facilities.
These positions will be of interest to individuals who are highly motivated and have the desire to work in the primary forest products industry. Strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the capacity to lead will be qualities essential in the successful candidate. There are openings at various locations throughout British Columbia and Alberta with available openings for both 4 and 8-month positions.
Reporting to the General Manager, the individual is responsible for the:
- cooperative management of the facility Quality Program
- analysis and communication of quality performance
- identification and implementation of corrective actions as necessary
- cost management and leadership in continuous process improvement
- development of new products as well as Sales and Marketing Support (panels)
- analytical support for operational and capital improvement strategies
- technical support for mill personnel as necessary
Qualified applicants should possess, or be working towards a degree, diploma or equivalent in wood sciences, forestry, engineering, chemistry or similar and have excellent computer skills. Knowledge of the forest industry is not necessary but would be considered a definite advantage.
Desired skills include:
- strong leadership and motivational skills
- understanding of Statistical Process Control
- strong organizational and prioritization skills
- solid troubleshooting and analytical skills
- excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- ability to work independently or in a team environment to facilitate and resolve issues.
The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others, champion change, build relationships and foster open communication. This individual must be a results-oriented, get-it-done type of individual who can collaborate with other individuals and departments. They must have the ability to take initiative and look at projects with a return on investment mentality. The person must have a strong grasp of process concepts and be a team player in a multi-shift production environment.
West Fraser Mills Ltd., is a publicly traded, fully integrated forest products manufacturer producing lumber, plywood, pulp & paper, medium density fibreboard, and engineered wood products with facilities in Alberta, British Columbia, and the US South.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.