West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the certified welder will be a key player in our company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies while fully utilizing all of your welding skills. As a member of this high-performance team, you will be responsible for working safely and efficiently.
- Specific duties include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and weld specifications
- Obtaining certification in Hinton Pulp’s weld procedures for P1 Carbon Steel SMAW, P8 Stainless Steel SMAW, and GTAW
- Operating manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operating brazing and soldering equipment
- Active participation in the Hinton Pulp Safety Program
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a valid Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Welding Certificate
- Hold a valid B Pressure Certificate or be eligible to obtain it
- Have experience with CWB, CSA 47.1 Certification to carbon steel, SMAW, FHVO
- Demonstrate heavy industry experience
- Demonstrate experience in a flexible multi-skilled work environment including pipe fit-up for fabrication
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license in AB
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.