West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Our Hinton Wood Products Division has an opportunity for a:
Red Seal Welder
As a member of the maintenance team, this individual will perform daily troubleshooting, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of equipment
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
Our ideal candidate must possess:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Welding Certification
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, and schematics
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Troubleshooting in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule to work day, evening, weekend and graveyard shifts
- Strong working knowledge of plywood maintenance will be an asset
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
This position is based out of Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park and 2.5 hours west of Edmonton, Alberta. Set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, the Hinton/Edson Woodlands team supports sawmills in Hinton and Edson as well as a pulp mill in Hinton. The Hinton operation has been proudly practicing sustainable forest management for over 60 years on its local forest tenure. Hinton is a community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.