Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking one (1) full-time Labourer team member at our Drayton Valley, AB Sawmill. We are seeking an individual who is committed to safety & has a desire to work in a manufacturing facility while maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Total commitment to working safely, following all safety rules and company policies and procedures.
- Perform general plant cleanup duties.
- Be able to use a variety of hand tools for general plant cleanup including air hoses and other basic cleanup tools like shovels, brooms, rakes, mops, wheelbarrows, pike poles, and picaroons.
- Preparing machine centers by placing them in cleanup ready status when required.
- Be able to train and operate various mobile equipment as required.
- Able to ensure the site is kept winter ready by shoveling snow to clear walkways and operation of various snow removal equipment.
- Able to maintain and utilize various dust abatement equipment.
- Provide fire watch when required, and otherwise assists Maintenance Trade Personnel when necessary.
- Complete shift paperwork and recordkeeping.
- Attend team meetings and regular training sessions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Willingness to wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work a rotating shift, including nights and weekends on an on-call basis.
- Ability to perform essential job functions of the position, which may include climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting 50lbs, bending and performing repetitive movement tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment testing process.
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Able to perform basic math and use computers.
- Industrial or Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience in a self-directed team environment is a plus.
- Resume detailing education and work history required for consideration.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.