The HDM is a part of the Pinnacle Maintenance team at Entwistle, responsible to deliver a diverse spectrum of duties and responsibilities with the common goals of Safety, Product Quality, and Production delivery. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the HDM executes the PM schedules, troubleshoots through upset conditions, make enhancements and improvement recommendations for current processes/equipment, all to safely minimize downtime and increase productivity. We are passionate about creating a strong team environment, where people take care of and encourage each other to excel and continuously be better as a team. If you are good at your trade, as well as humble and committed, this could be the right career opportunity for you.
Core Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Routine Daily Maintenance
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, to increase safety, efficiency, quality, and production.
Shutdown & Capital Projects
- Provides guidance, assistance, and expertise on new projects including planning support and execution.
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Pinnacle staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality and timely execution of projects.
Team and Mentorship
- Champions the Pinnacle Owning Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations.
- Actively participates in Owning Safety programs including the use of the Digital Action Tracking System (DATS) for recording safety conversations, observations, and training.
- Sets an example and provides leadership for Pinnacle’s Value of Owning Safety and the overall Safety program onsite.
- Utilizes MSDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development.
Minimum Requirements Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities
- Red Seal Certified; completed a journeyman apprenticeship in relevant trade (Millwright, Electrician, Heavy Duty Mechanic).
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fiberboard industries.
- Experience with wet precipitators an asset.
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient with computers and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Valid Driver’s license.