It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
International Paper’s Grande Prairie Global Cellulose Fibers Mill is hiring a Human Resource Generalist to support to approximately 330 non-union employees distributed across six departments across the mill. This “hands-on” position requires significant interaction and visibility to all levels of the organization and all shifts and is an exciting opportunity for someone who desires to be a change leader influencing results for the customers they support. We are looking for an intrinsically motivated, learning agile and engaged team member that has an interest and background in providing Human Resources support in a manufacturing environment. The HR Generalist reports to the HR Manager.
- Partner with leaders to develop work system improvements to raise employee engagement and positively impact business profitability.
- Educate, coach and council leaders and team members on job performance, employee development and diversity to build work teams who fully contribute to meeting or exceeding business goals.
- Recruit and onboard hourly and salaried employees utilizing selection tools and competency models.
- Identify training and education needs, implement cost-effective delivery, and ensure processes are in place to sustain ongoing training and development efforts to meet training and education needs.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions. Ensure personnel decisions, policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance with regulatory requirements and IP core values.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of communication strategies that deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities for current processes and practices to enhance efficiencies and provide superior customer service.
- Lead or provide support in workplace investigations.
- Provide counsel to the leadership on all employee relations matters through coaching and education on the interpretation and consistent application of company employment policies.
Education / Functional Requirements:
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related subject with 3 to 5 years of experience working in an HR generalist role; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Significant human resource knowledge with experience leading or participating in performance management, conducting investigations, policy management, recruitment, succession/workforce planning, employee engagement, training and development and management of compensation and benefits
- Experience working with SuccessFactors and SAP is preferred
- CPHR (Chartered Professional in Human Resources) designation is preferred
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Change Management