Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working with tradesman and other team members, the Certified Machinist is responsible for supplying the maintenance group with all needed machined items for forest products manufacturing equipment. This is a challenging position and an opportunity to work in an innovative environment. Candidates require strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Will possess a Red Seal Certificate of Qualification as a Machinist.
- Extensive experience with all machining equipment (lathes, milling machine saws, grinding machines, drilling and boring machines, precision measuring tools, hand and power tools, and the related attachments and accessories).
- Industrial experience and troubleshooting skills would be an asset.
- CMMS experience – JDE, in particular, would be an asset.
- Must be able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent people skills together with strong organization and problem-solving skills are crucial to the success of this position.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community! If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until filled.