As a member of the Technical Team, the Day Lab Technician, reporting to the Process and Technical Coordinator, will be responsible for ensuring all product meets or exceeds the minimum standards in regards to quality. This role will participate in the mill Quality Management System by conducting both quality assurance and quality control activities throughout the mill. The successful candidate will ensure that all process variables are maintained within the operating parameters.
This Day Lab Technician position will manage the SR&ED program and assist with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Experience and/or training in relation to Continuous Improvement.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Post-secondary in a technical discipline is considered an asset.
- Strong data analysis skills is considered an asset.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.