The OHS Advisor is accountable for implementation, coordination, administration, and promotion of uncompromising commitment to the safety of plant production activities. This includes the organization of safety training to support operations.
The OHS Advisor will demonstrate a high level of commitment to safety, he/she will identify and develop program plans, budgets and action steps to implement and maintain Tolko’s Occupational Health and Safety Program. This position will focus on strategic safety plans and standardized safety training materials, working with committees to meet the obligations of health and safety legislation, Tolko policies and other related standards and codes of practice.
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing operation, preferably in the panel board/OSB industry
- Strong working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Experience in development, organization, and delivery of relevant training programs is essential
- Excellent knowledge pertaining to industry-related safety programs along with strong communication skills
- Completed or working towards OH&S Certificate/Diploma or equivalent experience
- Safety qualification, such as Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation, in place or working towards is considered an asset
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.