A partnership between the Stern Partners and West Fraser, ANC has been in operation since 1989. We are the lowest cost producer of lightweight paper products in North America and have branched out into a variety of paper grades and businesses to maintain our competitive edge. At ANC, our goal has always been to empower our people to run our business in a way that allows employees and the company to grow, diversify and prosper.
Whitecourt, located less than 2 hours from Edmonton, is a thriving community of 10,000. The extensive recreation opportunities, including the Allan & Jean Millar Centre, Rotary Park, and Eastlink Ski and TubePark, make it a great place to call home.
ANC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competency, an annual bonus plan and excellent group benefits. Professional development is encouraged and we encourage work-life balance including flexible work hours.
ANC is a place where you will be able to use your:
- Degree or diploma in Forestry (RPF/RPFT eligible)
- Desire to make your job a place you enjoy
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to understand the connections between silviculture, planning and operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and execute plans
- Ability to manage contractors
- Working knowledge of ESRI software
- Experience with forest certification
- Secure operating approvals for Annual Operating Plans, General Development Plans and Forest Harvest Plans
- Have the opportunity to participate or even lead Detailed Forest Management Plan development
- Supervise and perform road and block layout
- Comply with Spatial Data Directives including cutover photography acquisition
- Participate in SFI Certification team
- Lead innovation related to remote sensing including LIDAR
- Ensure company Geographic Information System (GIS) meets Woodlands needs
- Conduct First Nations and Metis Consultation
- Represent ANC on the Regional Forest Advisory Committee
Apply or learn more about these exciting opportunities at email@example.com. Candidates of all levels of experience will be considered. The positions will be open until suitable candidates are found.