Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Production Employees are trained for a wide array of duties and responsibilities in various areas of the mill.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Alignment with Tolko’s values of safety, respect, progressiveness, integrity, open communication and profit;
- 2+ years experience in a general labor position;
- Ability to work mornings, afternoon and graveyards and weekends
Considered an asset:
- Previous experience in a forest product or manufacturing environment;
- First Aid certificate;
- High school diploma or equivalency;
- Familiarity with continuous improvement programs and performance management
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A career with Tolko is more than a job. It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until filled.