A partnership between the Stern Partners and West Fraser, ANC has been in operation since 1989. We are the lowest cost producer of lightweight paper products in North America and have branched out into a variety of paper grades and businesses to maintain our competitive edge. At ANC, our goal has always been to empower our people to run our business in a way that allows employees and the company to grow, diversify and prosper.
Whitecourt, located less than 2 hours from Edmonton, is a thriving community of 10,000. The extensive recreation opportunities, including the Allan & Jean Millar Centre, Rotary Park, and Eastlink Ski and TubePark, make it a great place to call home.
ANC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competency, an annual bonus plan and excellent group benefits. Professional development is encouraged and we encourage work-life balance including flexible work hours.
ANC is a place where you will be able to use your:
- Degree or diploma in Forestry (RPF/RPFT eligible)
- Desire to make your job a place you enjoy
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to understand the connections between silviculture, planning, and operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and execute plans
- Ability to manage contractors
- Working knowledge of ESRI software
- Experience with forest certification
- Supervise Tree Planting Contractors
- Supervise Stand Tending Operations
- Supervise Site Preparation contractors
- Supervise Road Reclamation contractors
- Participate in silviculture survey program
- Ensure silviculture records are up to date in the company GIS system
- Coordinate submission of Silviculture AOP
- Participate in ANC’s certification program
- Maintain regeneration strata balancing
- Participate in enhanced silviculture programs
- Silviculture budgeting and accrual
Apply or learn more about these exciting opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates of all levels of experience will be considered. The positions will be open until suitable candidates are found.