Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Electrician & Instrumentation Technician
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m at our mill site near Boyle, AB. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, the company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
- Perform all required maintenance tasks in accordance with mill quality standards including weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly PM.
- Work and perform tasks in a safe manner.
- Provide assistance and support to other trades team members to ensure maximum equipment availability; liaise with Operations team members.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of maintenance concerns.
- Participate in the planning and executing of predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Participate in HV shutdown planning and back-feeds.
- Experience working with HV equipment, lockouts and directing testing contractors.
- Experience with UPS systems, DC charging and control, and battery testing and maintenance.
- Make recommendations for improvements to maintenance and production practices.
- Maintain maintenance work records; assist to keep work areas clean.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge.
- Shift work may be required.
- Experience with a Digital Control System (DCS) and a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) is an asset.
- Must hold an Alberta or Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician certificate with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an industrial setting.
- Preference will be given to candidates that also hold a Journeyman Instrumentation Technician ticket.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
- Be a motivated, self-starter team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Closing date for this position is August 25, 2019.