The Mechanical Maintenance Planning Coordinator is responsible for the shutdown coordination of the mill. This person also provides planning support to the mechanical team, engineering groups, and operations groups as required. This person reports to the Mechanical Superintendent.
- A key responsibility is the shutdown planning and coordination for the mill
- Plan and schedule bimonthly shutdowns for the mill, including major spring and fall shutdowns.
- Support the development and implementation of preventative and routine maintenance programs
- Owner of the CMMS system.
- Update parts and cost information in CMMS.
- Manage outside contractors for building maintenance, sheet metal, and scaffolding work.
- Work directly with maintenance techs on planning shutdown jobs.
- Work with purchasing department on spare part criticality and support for obsolesce.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Must be competent Microsoft Project or similar project planning software.
- Must be competent in problem solving and analysis.
- Leadership skills are required. Candidate must be able to lead the shutdown planning team.
- Must possess CMMS software skills.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of five years of relevant maintenance and planning experience.
- Knowledgeable and demonstrated use of CMMS and maintenance planning systems.
- Specific Pulp and Paper experience would be an asset.
- Hands-on mechanical experience would be an asset.
- Mechanical Engineer/Technologist or a Journeyman Millwright or related MechanicalTrade.
- Planning or project management certification would be an asset.
- Reports directly to the Mechanical Superintendent.