TEMPORARY TECH 2 (12 MONTHS) –TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT ENTRY LEVEL
Reporting to the Technical & Environmental Supervisor, this position will include the following:
Key responsibilities include:
- Pulp quality testing
- Chip testing
- Water treatment relief duties as required
- Successful completion of a two (2) year diploma in a Technology Program with major emphasis on chemical and/or environmental analysis from a recognized Technical Institute, or
- Successful completion of a B.Sc. in Science at a recognized University, depending on course content, will also be considered.
- Proven experience with environmental or chemical laboratory work
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Comprehensive knowledge of computerized systems
- A proactive, detailed oriented approach to work
- Safety conscience
- The successful candidate will be required to complete, if not already obtained, a minimum of a Water Treatment Level 1 certificate within 18 months of service within the department
- Grade 12 completion or a GED
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.