The Functional Area Leader – Finishing is responsible for the smooth flow of panels from the press outfeed through the saw line and board cooler to the finishing and packaging area and into the warehouse. They are responsible for the finishing team and to ensure Tolko products are of the highest quality and packaged to a Tolko OSB presentation standard. Key responsibilities of this position include setting and meeting aggressive targets in safety, quality, production, uptime, efficiency, and spending.
- Previous supervisory experience in an industrial production environment and previous shift work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Experience in shipping/logistics in a computerized environment
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent
- A good working knowledge of OSB manufacturing, experience with continuous process operating large industrial machinery
- Experience working with computer spreadsheets
- Experience in 24-hour/7 day a week industrial operation
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until September 30, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.