The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the planning and optimization of all maintenance assets including the full utilization of a computerized maintenance management system. The focus of the position is safety, quality, production, and continuous uptime opportunities. The position may also provide coverage for the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Team Leaders in their absence.
- Five years’ experience working in a production/industrial environment
- Three years of supervisory related work experience in a production/industrial environment
- Experience in the use of computerized maintenance systems, preferably JD Edwards
- Major maintenance outage/turn-around planning experience
- Basic knowledge of project management concepts
- Basic knowledge of stores/spare parts management concepts
- Sound understanding of preventive and predictive maintenance practices
- Microsoft Office application, particularly Excel, MS Project or similar scheduling applications
- Engineering technologist or journeyman status not required but is an asset
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until November 1, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.