West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Maintenance & Reliability Manager, the successful candidate will have strong mechanical knowledge, exemplary computer skills, a keen interest in reliability, an attitude that all failures are preventable, effective problem-solving skills, and a desire to improve processes/equipment. HIP provides an exciting and collaborative work environment for an engineer who is seeking challenge and growth.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Predictive and preventative maintenance support, root cause investigation participation, and implementation of continuous improvement strategies using accepted best practices.
- Provide support with respect to equipment modifications, capital projects, maintenance support for shutdowns, troubleshooting, and working with outside contractors and specialists.
- Support operational activities such as equipment assessment, materials verification, troubleshooting, and preparing operational/maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, and control systems.
- Appling value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions.
- Being accountable for project safety, costs, scheduling, and construction/contractor resources.
- Collaborating with various parties in coordinating strategic area reliability plans.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess a Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in an industrial environment is considered an asset
- Have experience in reliability systems and Root Cause Investigation
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Have outstanding computer skills
- Have good problem-solving and technical skills
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Have the desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of Integrity, Respect, Humility, Hard Work, and Frugality
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.